Luxury Travel For The Whole Family.
The Brotherwood Super 5 draws on over 20 years of experience of converting the Volkswagen Sharan into a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) that will serve the needs of the wheelchair user and family without compromise. This stylish, versatile family WAV can switch between 5 full size seats and 4 seats + wheelchair in seconds.
+1 WHEELCHAIR SPACE
173 - 187 g/km CO2
WITH STANDARD TYRES
Offering unrivalled luxury for the whole family, with a smooth, extremely quiet ride, high specification, and a stylish exterior, the Brotherwood Super 5 Sharan WAV is the highest quality family WAV available today. With a choice of manual, or slick DSG transmission, the Sharan rides comfortably, with a low, flat and level converted floor for the wheelchair passenger to sit with excellent visibility.
A full suite of Volkswagen features and options enables you to tailor the Sharan to your exact preferences, whilst the Brotherwood WAV conversion blends seamlessly with both the Sharan's exterior and interior appearance, for a discrete, stylish vehicle.
All dimensions are approximate and should be used as a guide. To assess your personal requirements, please contact us.
|Max. Internal Headroom||1395||54.9|
|Lowered Floor Length||1620||63.8|
|Lowered Floor Width||762||30|
|Access Ramp Length||1047||41.2|
|Access Ramp Width||732||28.8|
|Access Ramp Angle||15º|
Internal headroom may vary depending on wheelchair travelling location.
Low, Flat, Level Floor
A steeply sloping floor, sitting too high or far back in the vehicle can not only be isolating, but also an uncomfortable ride for the wheelchair user. The level, lowered floor of a Brotherwood® conversion offers a stable, comfortable, natural seating position, for better visibility, inclusion and ride quality.
Our lowered floor allows more headroom inside the Volkswagen Sharan. As a result the wheelchair user enjoys excellent visibility out of the large windows and windscreen. Sitting lower in the vehicle also lowers the wheelchair user's centre of gravity, reducing the feeling of body roll for a better ride.
Full Size Rear Seats
The second row seats are full size for optimal passenger comfort, yet still offer space in between thanks to our innovative Brotherwood configuration.
Quickfold Centre Seat
The optional Quick Fold seat gives the Sharan Super 5 great flexibility, providing an extra seat that can be quickly folded up or down depending on requirements. With the seat folded out of the way the wheelchair user can enjoy a comfortable travelling position. Available as an Optional Extra.
The Hook-i PAWRS is a remote-controlled, powered front restraint system, to assist loading a wheelchair and passenger. No pushing required, simply attach the restraints and press the remote control for effortless loading of combined wheelchair and passenger weights up to 250kg.
Standard fitment on all Sharan models.
Manual or Powered Ramp
Choose from our custom-built, counterbalanced manual ramp, finished with a high-traction surface that makes access easy for manual or power chairs; or our remote-controlled powered ramp (standard on SEL) that makes loading and unloading even easier.
Composition Media System
The Composition Media system is equipped with a 6.5 inch colour touch-screen that displays the DAB digital radio information, title and cover art display and, for compatible Android smartphones, the SMS functionality which allows you to read, compose and send SMS messages using the touch-screen display while the vehicle is stationary.
Car Net 'App Connect'
The optional Car-Net ‘App-Connect’ combines three technologies that allow you to bring compatible smartphone apps onto your car's touch-screen: ‘MirrorLink’™ apps, new ‘CarPlay’ from Apple, and ‘Android Auto’ from Google. Optional on all models.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), including Front Assist radar sensor controlled distance monitoring system, City emergency braking system, cruise control and speed limiter offers you intelligent control of your driving speed by automatically adjusting acceleration and braking.
The touch-screen navigation/radio system with Car-Net ‘Guide and Inform’ builds upon the impressive Composition Media system, but with additional features enabling you to easily manage not only your music, but also navigation data and a broad range of vehicle information.
The rear-view camera helps you to reverse park, giving you a clear view to the rear of your vehicle via the vehicle’s infotainment system display. Thanks to the high resolution detail, even small obstacles such as kerbs can be clearly recognised and avoided. Optional on all models.
The ‘Park Assist’ system not only makes parallel parking easier, but also helps you reverse park into a space at 90 degrees. Using ultrasonic sensors, Park Assist will detect a space large enough for bay or parallel parking. With the vehicle in reverse, all the driver has to do is operate the pedals, and keep a lookout, while the Sharan steers itself into its chosen space.
Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
ESC (Electronic Stability Control) including EDL (Electronic Differential Lock) and ASR (Traction Control) features as standard on all models.
Makes motorway driving safer by helping to prevent accidents when you change lanes. The radar system monitors the areas to both sides of the car and up to 50 metres behind it, and should it detect a potentially hazardous situation, warns you by flashing warning lights in the mirror housing.
Front Assist with City emergency braking system and speed limiter cleverly monitors the traffic situation in front of your car, warning you when you get too close to a vehicle and even boosts brake pressure to help to try and avoid a collision.
Curtain airbag system, for front and rear passengers, driver’s and front passenger’s airbags with passengers airbag deactivation switch, driver’s knee airbag and front seat side impact airbags as standard.
Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
Standard on all Sharan models, it triggers braking after a collision, with the aim of preventing secondary collisions.
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Designed to prevent wheels from locking up and assist manoeuvrability of the vehicle under heavy braking.
PAS is developed according to guidelines set out by the BSI. It has been adopted by the Motability Scheme, to ensure best practise in WAV design, good access, structural integrity, rigorous safety testing, and good customer service.
ECWV Type Approved
Brotherwood® WAVs meet the highest standards. WAVS with ECWVTA have undergone rigorous testing to ensure high levels of performance and safety, giving you complete peace of mind.
- Alloy wheels, four 6½J x 16” ‘Memphis’ with 215/60 R16 super low rolling resistance tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts
- Tyre mobility kit including compressor and sealing foam
- Body-coloured bumpers, front and rear
- Body-coloured door handles
- Body-coloured door mirrors with integrated indicators incorporating LED technology
- Chrome side window surrounds
- Chrome trimmed front air intake grille surround
- ‘Gloss Black’ radiator grille with chrome trimmed radiator grille louvres
- Halogen clear headlights, range adjustable with daytime running lights
- Rear screen wash/wipe with intermittent wipe
- Rear tinted glass from B-pillar backwards, approx. 65% tinted
- Roof rails, chrome-plated
- Sliding rear doors
- Windscreen wiper with intermittent wipe and 4 position delay
- Climate control – 3Zone electronic air conditioning with automatic air recirculation
- Electric windows, front and rear
- Electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors
- Rain sensor and automatic dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Carpet mats, front
- Coat hooks x 2, rear
- Cup holders, front x 2 with cover
- Front centre armrest with storage compartment
- Glovebox, cooled, illuminated and lockable
- Interior light delay
- Leather trimmed three-spoke multifunction steering wheel and gear knob
- LED reading lights, front x 2, rear x 2
- – Upholstery – ‘Stripes’ cloth
- – Driver’s and front passenger’s under seat drawer
- – Driver’s seat with electrically adjustable backrest and lumbar support
- – Folding tables on rear of front seats
- – Front comfort seats
- – Front passenger’s seat with height and lumbar adjustment
- – Front seat back storage pockets
- Steering wheel including paddle shift (auto DSG only)
- Storage area with lid, dash centre
- Storage compartment in rear doors
- Storage compartment in roof console
- Sun visors with vanity Mirrors, illuminated
- ‘Triangle titan’ decorative inserts in dash, centre console and front doors
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), including Front Assist, radar sensor controlled distance monitoring system, City emergency braking system, cruise control and speed limiter)
- Battery regeneration (recuperation – energy recovery during braking)
- Cruise control
- Driver Alert system
- Dusk sensor, automatic driving lights
- Electronic parking brake – with auto hold function
- Lane Assist, camera controlled warning system should your vehicle drift out of its lane
- Multifunction computer, includes visual gear change recommendation for improved fuel consumption
- Parking sensors, front and rear
- Power-assisted steering, speed-sensitive
- Rear Traffic Alert, vehicle monitoring during reversing manoeuvres with alerts via an audible and visual warning, or brake intervention where a collision is imminent
- Side scan, radar sensor controlled warning system for lane changing and blind spots with visual warning via light in door mirror housing
- Start/Stop function
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assist)
- – Curtain airbag system, front and rear passengers
- – Driver’s and front passenger’s airbags with passenger’s airbag deactivation switch
- – Driver’s knee airbag
- – Front seat side impact airbags
- Alarm with interior protection
- Automatic coming/leaving home lighting function
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
- Disc brakes, front (ventilated) and rear
- Driver’s and front passenger’s four way adjustable head restraints
- Electronic child locks for rear doors and rear electric windows
- Electronic engine immobiliser
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) including EDL (Electronic Differential Lock) and ASR (Traction Control)
- High level 3rd brake light
- Reflectors in front doors
- Remote central locking with 2 remote folding keys
- Seat belts – front seats, three-point with tensioners, height-adjustable
- Tyre pressure loss indicator
- Warning buzzer and light for front seat belts if unfastened
- XDS electronic differential lock for improved traction and handling (2.0 TDI 177 PS only)
- DataPlug sends vehicle information via Bluetooth to the We Connect Go® app displayed on your smartphone. We Connect Go® app free to download from the App Store or Google Play Store, with DataPlug connection to OBD2 port underneath the steering wheel.
- Discover Navigation infotainment system
- – 8.0” colour touch-screen
- – Bluetooth telephone and audio connection for compatible devices
- – Branded points of interest
- – DAB digital radio receiver
- – Dynamic navigation based on TMC+, three route options (Fast, Short, Eco)
- – Dynamic traffic sign recognition
- – MDI (Multi Device Interface), via USB connection – compatible products only
- – Music playback from MP3, WMA and AAC files
- – Preloaded European navigation data
- – SD card reader
- – Simultaneous pairing of 2 compatible mobile devices
- – Single CD player
- – SMS functionality – read, compose and send SMS messages using touch-screen display (when stationary, compatible Android smartphones only)
- – Speed Limit Display
- – Title and cover art display
- – Volkswagen Media Control 4 – allows remote control of the infotainment system via smartphone or tablet
- – 2D/3D map view
- – 4 x 20 watt output
- – 8 speakers, front and rear
- Premium USB cable (choice of either Apple or Android smartphone compatibility)
- USB connection in front, 2 x USB charging socket in rear
- Car-Net ‘Guide and Inform’ – 3-year – Providing online access to a range of useful information such as traffic, fuel pricing, weather and news feeds
Additional Specification over SE Nav:
- Alloy wheels, four 7J x 17" ‘Sydney’ with 225/50 R17 self-sealing tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts
- Front fog lights with static cornering function
- Panoramic sunroof
- Coat hanger
- Footwell illumination in front row
- Seating – Upholstery – Alcantara seat centre section with ‘Vienna’ leather side bolsters
- Front sport seats
- Heated front seats
- ‘Titanium Silver’ look decorative inserts in dash, centre console and front doors
- Entry/warning lights in all doors
- XDS electronic differential lock for improved traction and handling (2.0 TDI 177 PS and 2.0 TDI 184 PS only)
- Heated windscreen washer jets
|Sharan SE NAV 150 PS TSI||Petrol||£40,601.64||£41,546.89|
Total ex-factory price including 2 rear seats, dealer delivery, number plates and air conditioning. Power Assisted Wheelchair Restraint System 2 is now standard fitment. SEL prices include Keyless Entry, Electric Tailgate and Electric Operation Ramp. All prices quoted assume VAT exemption. Brotherwood Automobility reserve the right to change specification and price from those published, but will honour orders where contract or purchase has been initiated.
|CONVERSION ONLY COST FOR CUSTOMER OR DEALER SUPPLIED CAR: Fully 'Type Approved' Brotherwood conversion [1370mm (54")] headroom £19,650.38 / SEL Models £22,066.19 / TSi Models £20,766.72|
Motability Advance Payments
Call for a personalised Motability quote today on
0808 115 6026
|Electric Operation Ramp||£1995.00|
|Privacy Glass (retro fit)||£450.00|
|Silver Seal Total Car Protection||£299.00|
|Rear Parking Sensors||£199.00|
|Full Size Cantilever Centre Seat||£1,537.40|
|Anti-tear Seat Side Reinforcement (pair)||£335.00|
|Electric Wheelchair Tie Down||POA|
All prices quoted assume VAT exemption. Brotherwood Automobility reserve the right to change specification and price from those published, but will honour orders where contract or purchase has been initiated
Please note that, owing to limitations of on-screen representation, paint colours may differ from those shown. Not all paint and upholstery combinations can be ordered together and in some instances certain combinations may incur extra cost. Not all paint finishes may be available for every trimline.Colour choice and availability subject to change at the discretion of the manufacturer.
For complete peace of mind we offer an annual Safety Assurance Programme. A qualified service engineer will visit at a time and place that suits you, to perform a full 15-point conversion safety inspection, including restraints, ramp, safety belts and more to ensure safe operation of your conversion.
For Motability clients an annual inspection is included at no cost for the first 5 Years of the Motability agreement. For all other clients the first annual visit is free of charge. You can then choose to book one or more subsequent annual visits.
- Ramp Grip Tape
- Ramp Rubbers
- Floor Covering & Carpets
- Front, Rear and Occupant Restraints
- Rear Restraints
- Occupant Restraints
- Cut-Off Switch
- Front restraint Power Switch
- Tailgate Struts
- Remote Control
- Ratchin / PAWRS Operation
- Ramp Operation
- Tyre Wear
- Oil Level Check
- Coolant Level Check
|Annual Safety Inspection||Price||Motability Clients|
|Year 1 Annual Inspection||Included||Included|
|Single Subsequent Annual Inspection||£175.00||Included for first 5 Years|
|Year 2 and 3 Annual Inspection||£300.00||Included for first 5 Years|
If discount is applied to your order we reserve the right to rescind the offer to a free first year service.
Talk to a Specialist
For more information, or to book a FREE no-obligation home demonstration call today on
0808 115 6026
No Pressure or Obligation Friendly, Experienced Advisors Comprehensive Needs Assessment
Share This With Your Friends:
All vehicle specifications are subject to change without notice. For full up-to date specifications, please visit the vehicle manufacturers' website.