The new Brotherwood Caddy Goodlife and Caddy Morelife conversions offer a long, flat, and level lowered floor. This unique Caddy Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle conversion is inclusive by design, with the wheelchair positioned between the rear passenger seats. Despite the interior space, the Caddy is a compact, car-like drive, ideal for everyday life and easy parking.
Giving You More
Whilst the new Caddy Life is compact and easy-to-drive, interior space is maximised by the low, flat, level floor, which runs smoothly through to the front passenger area. Offering more space for the wheelchair user to travel centrally, inline with the rear seat passengers, and with a better view out of the windows and windscreen.
The flat floor also promotes ideal posture for the wheelchair user, making every journey more comfortable. Sitting lower within the car also reduces the wheelchair user’s centre of gravity, minimising the feeling of body-roll when cornering.
Travelling centrally within the shell promotes the feeling of safety. The powered PAWRS* restraint system, combined with our STORQ* self-tensioning restraints, ensures that wheelchairs are securely tied-down with ease and travel with peace of mind.
Few Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle converters include the compact Caddy Life in their range of vehicles, choosing instead the longer Caddy Maxi. The Caddy Morelife WAV offers easy wheelchair access, but is shorter in length, making it an ideal small wheelchair accessible vehicle for everyday living.
The new Caddy is available with a range of Petrol TSI and Euro 6 TDI engines, some of the most efficient in class. The TDI engines feature twin-dosing technology, which helps to reduce NOx emissions. Available with either 6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG gearboxes, the new Caddy offers an excellent driving experience whilst meeting the latest emission standards.
A lightweight counter-balanced ramp provides wheelchair access to the rear of the vehicle, which can accommodate most manual or electric powered wheelchairs. Feather-light-the ramp can be lifted with a single finger – and features a high-grip surface for safe, easy loading with bright yellow guidelines.
The Caddy Morelife is equipped with our PAWRS Power Assisted Wheelchair Restraint System, which makes loading easy with it’s remote-controlled winching operation for combined wheelchair and occupant weights up to 250kg.
|Max. Internal Headroom 1||1420||56|
|Lowered Floor Length||1640||64.5|
|Lowered Floor Width at Entry||760||30|
|Lowered Floor Width at Seats||705||27.75|
|Max. Wheelchair Armrest Width 2||645||25.5|
|Access Ramp Length||1130||44.5|
|Access Ramp Width||730||28.75|
|Access Ramp Angle||12.5º|
|Exterior Width (inc. Mirrors)||2100||82.5|
1 Internal headroom may vary depending on wheelchair travelling position.
2 In standard 2 rear seat configuration.
Type Approval No. Pending
EXPLORE IN DETAIL
FACTS & FIGURES
Specification & Pricing
The entry-level Caddy model features our standard Goodlife conversion with:
- Lowered Floor Conversion with 1 Rear Seat
- Inertia Reel Restraints
- Solo Fixed Floor Anchors
Standard specification includes:
- Black steel wheel with full size wheel trims
- Black door mirrors
- Body-coloured door handles, front and rear bumpers
- Electronic parking brake – with auto hold function
- Exterior mirrors, power-adjustable and heated
- H7 twin halogen headlights
- Separate daytime running light with automatic headlight range control
- Silver coloured sliding door rail
- Twin rear sliding doors
- Climatic air conditioning system, manual
- Heat-insulating windscreen
- Heated rear window
- Multi-function display
- We Connect preparation
- Composition Audio DAB+ radio system with 6.5 inch colour touch-screen and four loudspeakers, Bluetooth® hands-free and two USB interfaces (type-C) in dashboard
- Center console with two cup holders
- Electric front windows
- Manual height adjustment for front seats
- Multi-function steering wheel (leather trimmed steering wheel, DSG models only)
- Fixed side windows in passenger/load compartment
- Cruise control including speed limiter
- Regenerative braking
The premium Caddy Life model is fitted with our advanced Morelife conversion with:
- Lowered Floor Conversion with 2 Rear Seats
- PAWRS Powered Wheelchair Restraint System
- STORQ Self- Tensioning Restraint System
Standard specification includes:
- 16 inch ‘Wien’ alloy wheels in Silver 6.5J x 16 with 205/60 R16 tyre
- LED rear tail lights
- Roof rails, black
- Drawers under driver and front passenger seats
- Exterior mirrors, power-folding, power-adjustable and heated
- Manually-adjustable lumbar support for driver and front passenger seats
- Removable waste bin with cover
- Parking sensors, front and rear
- App Connect
- Composition Colour DAB+ radio system with 8.25 inch touch-screen and six loud speakers, Bluetooth® hands-free and two USB interfaces (type-C) in dashboard
- We Connect Plus preparation
|Brotherwood ‘Goodlife’ VOLKSWAGEN CADDY 2.0TDI 122PS||Automatic||£36,239.68||Diesel|
|Brotherwood ‘Morelife’ VOLKSWAGEN CADDY 1.5 TSI 114PS||Automatic||£37,614.88||Petrol|
Total ex-factory price including Pre Delivery Inspection, Number Plates, 1 Rear Seat (Goodlife). Morelife models include 2 Rear Seats, PAWRS Power Assisted Wheelchair Restraint System, STORQ Self-Tensioning Restraint System. All prices quoted assume VAT exemption. Brotherwood Automobility reserve the right to change specification and price from those published, but will honour orders where contract or purchase has been initiated.
COST FOR CUSTOMER OR DEALER SUPPLIED CAR: Fully ‘Type Approved’ Brotherwood conversion Caddy / Caddy Life Models £TBC
Motability Advance Payments
|Brotherwood ‘Goodlife’ VOLKSWAGEN CADDY 2.0TDI 122PS||Automatic||Contact Us||Diesel|
|Brotherwood ‘Morelife’ VOLKSWAGEN CADDY 1.5 TSI 114PS||Automatic||Contact Us||Petrol|
Advance Payment on five year contract hire scheme, includes Air Conditioning, Metallic Paint.
For complete peace of mind we offer an annual Safety Assurance Programme. A qualified service engineer will visit at a time and place that suits you, to perform a full 15-point conversion safety inspection, including restraints, ramp, safety belts and more to ensure safe operation of your conversion.
For Motability clients an annual inspection is included at no cost for the first 5 Years of the Motability agreement. For all other clients the first annual visit is free of charge. You can then choose to book one or more subsequent annual visits.
- Ramp Grip Tape
- Ramp Rubbers
- Floor Covering & Carpets
- Front, Rear and Occupant Restraints
- Rear Restraints
- Occupant Restraints
- Cut-Off Switch
- Front restraint
- Power Switch
- Tailgate Struts
- Remote Control
- Ratchin / PAWRS Operation
- Ramp Operation
- Tyre Wear
- Oil Level Check
- Coolant Level Check
|Annual Safety Inspection||Price||Motability Clients|
|Year 1 Annual Inspection||Included||Included|
|Single Subsequent Annual Inspection||£175.00||Included for first 5 Years|
|Year 2 and 3 Annual Inspection||£300.00||Included for first 5 Years|
If discount is applied to your order we reserve the right to rescind the offer to a free first year service.
Refurbished Caddy WAVs
Used VW Caddy WAVs for Sale