Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles For Hire
Hire a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle easily and affordably with flexible rental periods. Our Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles for hire can be rented for long or short terms.
There are many reasons why people choose to hire a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle from Brotherwood:
- Holidays and trips;
- Visits to friends and relatives;
- Days out;
- To try a vehicle you might be interesting before purchasing;
- Transport for times of sickness or temporary disability;
- Your own WAV might be having repairs carried out;
- Practical transport for a mobility scooter.
If you are unsure which Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle to hire, we are here to help. We have a range of large, medium and small rental WAVs which we would be happy to advise on which would best suit your needs. Call us today to discuss our WAV hire options.
Call our Booking Hotline Today on
0844 288 9366
"DORSET WEEKEND" SAVER RATES
Hire from midday Friday to midday the following Monday from only
Maximum 500 miles– excess miles charged at 15p per mile; Vehicle must be collected from our factory in Dorset to benefit from this special weekend price.
FREE DELIVERY & COLLECTION
In England on all Brotherwood Hire Vehicles with a minimum period of 1 month’s hire.
|VEHICLE AND DESCRIPTION||PLAN VIEW||INTERNAL HEADROOM||ONE WEEK||ONE MONTH||THREE MONTHS||SIX MONTHS|
|The Peugeot Partner Tepee is the smallest of our hire vehicles and although compact, will still accommodate most wheelchairs plus three additional passengers, including the driver.||56.5”||£340||£1,200||£3,500||£6,500||Book Now|
|The Ford Tourneo Connect “Carete” means that Wheelchair passengers can now enjoy travelling beside the second row passengers in secure comfort with equal visibility.||58”||£450||£1,600||£4,500||£7,500||Book Now|
|The VW Caddy Life is for those who prefer a medium size car. With automatic or manual gearbox, it retains capacity for one wheelchair passenger and up to four additional passengers, including driver.||56”||£450||£1,700||£5,000||£7,500||Book Now|
|The VW Caddy Maxi is for those who prefer a roomier car. With automatic or manual gearbox, it has capacity of one wheelchair passenger or scooter and up to five additional passengers, inc. driver.||58”||£450||£1,500||£4,250||£7,500||Book Now|
|The Kia Sedona Red Label offers a more spacious alternative with the comforts of a premium people carrier. Capacity for one wheelchair passenger, plus four other passengers, including the driver.||58”||£630||£2,100||£5,800||£9,000||Book Now|
|The Kia Sorento “Vision” allows the wheelchair passenger and driver to sit side by side and travel in style and luxury. Available with manual or automatic transmission with up to 3 other passengers.||55”||£650||£2,230||£6,300||£9,500||Book Now|
|The Brotherwood VW Sharan offers compact transport for five adults, including the driver and one wheelchair passenger.||54.5”||£550||£1,900||£5,500||£8,500||Book Now|
|The Brotherwood Mercedes-Benz Vito Tourer offers space for up to six adults, including the driver and one wheelchair passenger.||60”||£750||£2,600||£7,000||£12,500||Book Now|
With your help we will determine which vehicle from our comprehensive range will best suit your needs. You need to think about the following questions:
- Will the wheelchair passenger want to sit up front next to the driver or centrally in the vehicle?
- How many people will need to travel in the vehicle?
- Do I require a Manual or Automatic Gearbox?
- When will I need the vehicle for?
We will then check if a vehicle is available for that period and if necessary reserve it for you.
The vehicle can be collected either from our factory near Sherborne, Dorset or from our Sales Agent near Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway. In picking up the vehicle from our factory, if you decide to travel by train, the closest railway stations are Yeovil Junction on the London Waterloo-Exeter line or Yeovil Pen Mill on the Bristol-Weymouth line.
When collecting the vehicle you will get full instruction on how to safely load, secure and unload the wheelchair.
Arrangements can be made to deliver the vehicle to you for an additional cost if you are unable to collect.
Our vehicles can be hired from 1 week up to whatever period you require. There is an average mileage limit of 100 miles per day.
The hirer is responsible for insuring the vehicle. The vehicle must have fully comprehensive insurance for the duration of the hire period. You can arrange this yourself or we can arrange this for you for an additional charge. Our insurance can cover drivers from age 25 to 75; our insurers will consider drivers over 75 with a clean driving licence.
A £500 deposit is payable at the time of hire. This covers minor accident damage, windscreen or glass damage, insurance excess where applicable, extra valeting if the vehicle is returned to us. The deposit is refunded to you once the vehicle has been checked and signed back in.
We have put together a list of useful suppliers, facilities, and recommended places to go that you might find useful if you are holidaying in the UK. If you would like to be added to this list please contact us.
Provide independent user reviews of locations in the UK for disabled access and facilities.
A map of UK locations with full "Changing Places" disabled facilities.
Discovery Holidays Australia
Innovative supported holidays for people with disabilities. Travel the UK with experienced assistance.
The Rings of Cupar
A unique holiday destination in Scotland, specialising in accessibility.
Terms of Hire
- Vehicles can be collected from the factory in Beer Hackett, or from our agent in Lockerbie. Alternatively we can deliver to, and collect from your home address at an extra cost (please ring for more details). Normally the most economical solution would be to collect the car from us. Our closest train stations are Yeovil Junction or Sherborne (from Waterloo or Exeter St David’s), or Yeovil Pen Mill (from Weymouth or Bristol), and we would gladly collect you from the station by prior arrangement.
- Average mileage 100 miles per day. Excess mileage charge at 15 pence per mile.
- The hirer is responsible for insuring the vehicle for the duration of hire. Insurance is to be covered no less than fully comprehensive. An insurance cover note is required. Insurance can be arranged through “Brotherwood U-Drive” policy at the following costs:-
- 1 Week £50.00
- 1 Month £120.00
- 2 Months £220.00
- 3 Months £300.00
- A refundable deposit of £500 is payable for the hire duration to cover the following:-
- Minor accident damage
- Windscreen or glass damage
- Insurance excess where applicable
- Extra valeting where vehicle is returned excessively dirty
- Fuel - Vehicle to be returned full of fuel or cost of top-up plus £4.50 administration will be deducted from deposit.
- The refundable deposit is refunded once vehicle has been checked and signed back in.
- In the event that the Hire Agreement is terminated early by the customer, no refund will be issued for unused allocated hire days.