Vacancies & Apprenticeships
We, an ISO 9001:2015 company designing and supplying quality conversions for the transportation of wheelchair-using passengers have the following vacancies:
FABRICATOR WELDER & CONVERSION ENGINEER
A skilled craftsman is needed to manufacture components and assemblies to engineering drawings and very tight tolerances. The position will also involve the extensive conversion of brand new base vehicles in order for them to safely carry a wheelchair. A weld test will be required - all applicants are expected to produce welds to BS 4872 and pass a coded test once employed.
The Engineer would be responsible for:
- Completing assigned work to company standards
- Welding components and assemblies such as fuel tanks, floor pans, seat frames etc.
- Testing of certain assemblies e.g. fuel tanks
- Manufacture of assembly jigs and fittings
- Extensive modification of a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vehicles
- Completing relevant documentation - Job cards, test and service reports
The Fabrication and Conversion Engineer would be a qualified City and Guilds or equivalent Apprentice looking to further their career in a modification and vehicle conversion role, or an experienced Vehicle Conversion Engineer looking for a new challenge.
- Produce welds to BS 4872 and pass a coded test once employed
- The ability and experience to organising and prioritise work effectively
- A Team Player, but with the confidence to work successfully on their own
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Valid, clean UK driving licence
Very clean working environment demands extremely high quality of workmanship in keeping with the Brotherwood standard.
A competitive, fixed salary and company pension scheme is offered along with a pleasant, spacious working environment. If you can fulfil the required standard please send applications in writing to:
Mr K Wade,
Brotherwood Automobility Ltd
Lambert House, Pillar Box Lane, Beer Hackett, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 6QP
If you would like to register your interest in future opportunities at Brotherwood write via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV