Vacancies & Apprenticeships
We, an ISO 9001:2015 company designing and supplying quality conversions for the transportation of wheelchair-using passengers have the following vacancies:
with a very good general engineering background of sheet metalwork, welding and machining, to assist with prototyping our new conversions.
As a member of the R&D team you will assist in the development of new products from design and testing through to production. During this process you will produce prototype parts from stock material; working from detailed drawings or rough, concept sketches. In addition, you will produce tooling and jigs to aid the production of developed components.
We require a forward thinking individual, able to explore and refine ideas within a given time constraint and present them to management in a clear and concise manner. You will be working directly to the Head of Development and must be able to work as part of a team or individually, as work dictates.
- Prototype part production using proven fabricating skills
- MIG/TIG Welding ofaluminium, mild and stainless steels
- Ability to read and follow engineering drawings
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving
- Pride in producing high quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Machining: lathes, milling machines and drills (desirable but not essential)
with very good hand skills and attention to detail, to undertake a number of roles involved in the production of our conversions. The work is interesting and varied and ranges from our highly specialised in-house produced ramps to our unique wheelchair restraint and winching systems.
with an excellent general knowledge of vehicle workings; electrical, mechanical, and trim techniques, to fit out our conversions. A proven track record of a similar position would be an advantage, but candidates with an enthusiasm and willingness to learn are also most welcome. Full training for the role is provided.
The work covers all the fitting out of the vehicles after they have been extensively converted. This includes rewiring, fitting new flooring/carpeting, reassembly of seats, head and side linings and miscellaneous internal and external fittings, as well as conducting rostered service visits throughout the UK.
FABRICATOR WELDER & CONVERSION ENGINEER
with a first class ability to manufacture components and assemblies to engineering drawings and very tight tolerances, to undertake the extensive conversion of brand new base vehicles and the manufacture of associated components.
The position will also involve the extensive conversion of brand new base vehicles in order for them to safely carry a wheelchair. A weld test will be required - all applicants are expected to produce welds to BS 4872 and pass a coded test once employed.
The Engineer would be responsible for:
- Completing assigned work to company standards
- Welding components and assemblies such as fuel tanks, floor pans, seat frames etc.
- Testing of certain assemblies e.g. fuel tanks
- Manufacture of assembly jigs and fittings
- Extensive modification of a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vehicles
- Completing relevant documentation - Job cards, test and service reports
The Fabrication and Conversion Engineer would be a qualified City and Guilds or equivalent Apprentice looking to further their career in a modification and vehicle conversion role, or an experienced Vehicle Conversion Engineer looking for a new challenge.
- Produce welds to BS 4872 and pass a coded test once employed
- The ability and experience to organising and prioritise work effectively
- A Team Player, but with the confidence to work successfully on their own
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Valid, clean UK driving licence
FABRICATOR WELDER APPRENTICE
with a keen enthusiasm to learn an engineering skill to undertake a four year Advanced Modern Apprenticeship. Because of the complexity of the work we undertake, the company is looking for candidates who will achieve, at minimum, a NVQ Level 3 in accordance with the Advance Modern Apprenticeship scheme, and possibly go onto an advanced course during the four year training. Courses leading to a relevant Technical Certificate will also be undertaken. In addition, extensive training is provided on the many engineering processes that take place within the company.
Very clean working environment demands extremely high quality of workmanship in keeping with the Brotherwood standard.
A competitive, fixed salary and company pension scheme is offered along with a pleasant, spacious working environment. If you can fulfil the required standard please send applications in writing to:
Mr K Wade,
Brotherwood Automobility Ltd
Lambert House, Pillar Box Lane, Beer Hackett, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 6QP
If you would like to register your interest in future opportunities at Brotherwood write via email to email@example.com, attaching your CV